Tuesday, March 30, 2010

As I pen, well-type, this post, I am reminded of the lyrics from RENT. "525 600 minutes, 525 600 moments so dear... blah, blah blah.... seasons of love...." So it has been more than a year since I visited this site, let alone post a new entry. However like an annual pilgrimage to to some sacred and holy site, I feel that this 'offering' to the demi-god of social media is long and way overdue.

The 15 months that I have been away has been amazing. Firstly, I have managed to break free of the manacles that bounded me to the "Emerald City" (Army), I have landed myself a rather comfortable- yet challenging- job and will be heading to Europe during the Spring of May. I guess thare's only one phrase to describe such a profound state of rest, and unfortunately; my mono-language friends; it is not in English but French.

That phrase is : laissez faire et laissez passez. (easy living and easy going)

Yes! I feel reborn, as if the yolk of suppression has been lifted from me. Like a frog that has been lifted out from his well, I can see so many new things in which I could not see earlier, as if I am wearing 3D glasses!

No more will I have to face the stupidity of the office-ers, and no more will I listen to the incessant whining of the soldier. Freedom from listening to their incessant chatter is a reprieve so great, I find the proper adjectives to describe it.

OK now, time to enjoy this new found freedom. Adieu

No comments: